Roo is one week into Pre K and he is loving it. He loves his teacher Mrs. Dolph and her helper Mrs. Donna. He calls Mrs. Dolph, Mrs. Doth. I told him it was Dolph, like dolphin. Now he says Mrs. Doth, like dolphin!
She sent home the skills list that the kiddos would be working on during September. Let me just say the things they will be learning, I didn't learn till first grade. And I am totally serious about that. I remember my teacher telling me the same things that he is learning now! He is learning the letters A, B & C and their phonic sounds. He even has sight words! Red, one, two, you and me. She wants them to really, really be ready for kindergarten. What happened to playing with clay and gluing your fingers together all morning? These kids are really learning stuff. But she is doing it in a way that they don't even realize they are learning. My hat is off to Mrs. Doth!
********************
Back in June I entered a contest that was from the blog Notes From the Trenches. It was from Huggies GoodNites. I was supposed to leave a comment about a favorite bedtime tradition or moment. I left a comment* and promptly forgot all about the contest. Last week I was contacted by Huggies for my address. It turned out that I was one of three runners up for the contest. My prize included a $50.00 gift card to Borders, a $100.00 gift card to Pajamagram, two journals, a fleece blanket and a tote bag. Awesome!
******************
And just to leave you with a laugh from our in house comedian.
We had spaghetti for dinner the other night. Roo got up from the table and was rifling through the refrigerator. I asked him what he wanted and he said he was looking for "noodle salt." I couldn't imagine what he was after. Then he came out from behind the fridge door and said "here it is!" He was holding the Parmesan cheese.
*That was a beautiful post, Chris. Thank you for sharing.
Here’s my bedtime moment:
Yesterday my husband and I spent the whole day on the lake with our two boys, ages 14 and 3, our two nieces and a friend of my son’s. Our three year old had the time of his life swimming, laughing, eating a picnic and even napping on the boat. When we got him home it was bedtime. I was snuggling him and we were playing our favorite bedtime game Best/Worst. I asked him what the worst part of his day was and he answered “leaving the lake.” I asked him what the best part of his day was and he put his hands on my face and said “Right now!” I wanted last night to last forever.
Congrats on winning another contest. I need to go out and enter some myself. I could use another Photofiddle print.
ReplyDelete