
Complete denial. There is now way for me to believe that Roo is four years old today. He went to bed last night 3 and woke up 4. I love this child more than anybody can imagine, but he is going to be the death of me.
I don't know whose side of the family he got this trait form, but he would rather have the fun and take the punishment than not get to have the fun. Take for example his habit of spitting. I can tell him time after time not to spit, that spitting is nasty, that he is spreading his germs, but he will not quit. I can threaten to swat him and he will spit one more time then put his hand over his bottom. I ask him why he keeps spitting and he will answer "because it's fun." The same thing happened this week at the beach. I told him time and time again to quit throwing sand, but he just could not quit. He would take the swat every time if he could just throw sand one more time. It is maddening.
He also has a love affair with candy. I know who he got that trait from ~ahem-me.~ He would eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we would let him. He wakes up "needing" candy.
He had his Ben 10 birthday party at his Granna's pool today. Then we went out for Mexican later for dinner. The waitress brought out the big sombrero for him to wear. He would not look up while they were singing to him. After they left he said loudly "I HATE that hat!"
Roo is a sweet, bossy, smart, funn
y, outgoing little boy and I am so glad for his little personality. He has never met a stranger in his life. If you are a stranger to him before he has been around you he will know your name, age and favorite color. Then you will know his name, that he will be "four in August" and that his favorite color is orange. Then he will say to me that you are no longer a stranger because he knows your vital information.The Ben 10 birthday cake.

Opening his presents.
Happy birthday to Roo! My oldest son is into Ben 10 too. My soon to be four year old is just like your son. She keeps doing things that she know she will get in trouble for. You would think she would have learned after the first few hundred times.
ReplyDelete