Monday, August 17, 2009

I am STILL in denial.

Dear Teenager,
I am in total denial about you going to high school. I can remember you in every stage and at every grade and high school doesn't fit in there. Each year I say to myself that you are too young to go into whatever grade. But here you are, starting high school. I still see you as four years old. I know you aren't, you are 14, but in my mind's eye you are still four.
I don't want to get all mushy on you but you are starting a new chapter in your life. This chapter will be the best so far. You are going to have so much fun at school. You are going to make so many new friends and friendships. At the same time you are going to face many challenges and decisions. It is part of growing up. My prayer for you is when you come to a divide in the road that you pause and think for a minute before you make your decision. You may or may not make the right decision, but always give it a pause.
I am so proud of you. You are smart, funny, good natured, outgoing and self assured. You have so many good qualities. You are going to be an incredible adult one day. You are going to do amazing things.
Please know that you are going to school with my & your dad's prayers lifting you up. Not everything will go your way and sometimes nothing will go your way, but know with all your heart that our prayers will go with you no matter what.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. That's a very sweet letter. I'm glad my oldest will only in the fourth grade in the Fall, but I know it's only a matter of time before she leaves the nest.

    ReplyDelete