Monday, November 9, 2009
Just like Jack and the Beanstalk.
When teenager was little he would do what he called "morning thinking." It was just before he got up and he would lay in bed and just think. About everything or nothing. That was his time and he did not want to be disturbed. Now it's Roo's turn. He loves to sit in the bath tub and be quiet. If I do talk to him it has to be in a very hushed voice. He loves to just soak and he has loved that since he was old enough to sit up. His baths usually take thirty to forty five minutes. Sometimes the time drives me crazy, but it is built into his nighttime routine. Sometimes I make him just take a "get in and get out" bath. Those drive him crazy. Tonight he was sitting in the tub contemplating the universe when he asked me if clouds had dirt in them. I said No probably not. Then he told me that if somebody was stuck on a cloud and couldn't get down they could just plant carrot seeds. I told him I didn't understand. He said that carrots grow down, so somebody could plant carrot seeds and wait for a big carrot to grow, then just climb down. Wow! That is really some deep bathtub thinking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very clever boy. I have the opposite problem with my kids. They never want to just sit and think. They alway have to do things very loudly.
ReplyDeleteHi, I accidentally clicked your link from Daddy Forever. I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I think that's adorable! I wish my kids would have "think time," but they only think outloud and constantly!
ReplyDelete